MY MOVE TO COPENHAGEN & 6 WAYS TO COZY UP YOUR HOME
A lot has happened recently. Mainly my big move to Copenhagen that I told you about in the last post. I’m very happy with it despite that I’m not that big of a city girl (anymore). Fortunately, I live within some distance from the city center, so I can have my peace when I need it, but also close enough when I want to meet up with colleagues and friends.
I already feel so much at home even though I’ve only lived here for 1 month now. I also can’t control my excitement for my fur roommate that visits me from time to time.
Now that I’ve decorated my place to make it more like a cozy home, I want to share the results with you guys. It’s still in progress, but I just couldn’t wait to share it with y’all.
HOME [hom] noun
the residence of an individual or family; a place of refuge; the person or place you want to return to over and over.
6 WAYS TO COZY UP YOUR HOME
Having a job you truly enjoy and having good friends and colleagues around you is such a lovely thing. But I also love coming home to my nest and wrap 583 blankets around me and sip coffee. I’ve gathered a few things on how to make your place your own incredibly comfortable nest. Do you have any great tips? Let me know below in the comments.
- Think soft. In the sense that having lots of oversized pillows, fluffy cushion covers and soft blankets. Make sure to have comfy slippers as well. I’d go for these for sure.
- Bring nature inside. Having different kinds of flowers and plants in your home can help bring color to your rooms, and some plants can even reduce toxins. But which plants can survive indoors? Find out here.
- Have a few dimmed lights instead of one bright lamp. Light has a big influence on our moods. Choosing which means a lot for your wellbeing. It doesn’t take a lot. Some candles, perhaps scented ones, fairy lights. Whatever you feel makes your mind relax when being at home.
- Create a cozy nook. What’s a home without a cozy nook? Everyone needs a spot where you can read a good book or listen to music and whatnot. Get inspired here.
- Decorate. As Nate Berkus said: “Your home should tell the story of who you are and be a collection of what you love”. Decorate your home with your personality. Hang pictures (or art) up on the walls, use your favorite colors around your home, display your favorite things.
- Adopt a fluff buddy. What is life without a cute fur bestie? Your pillows and blankets has to be filled with hair and fur to get that true feeling of home. No, despite some small cons, animals bring such happiness to a home. Let me persuade you with these cute images.
Thank you for reading,